Founded in 1987, IMG has been a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through by consistently providing customer focused professional services derived from our knowledge of the customer, understanding of the requirements, development of our approach, proposal of our solution, delivery of our offerings, and the effective management of our services to ensure that our company is recognized for our relentless pursuit of improvement and for continually exceeding expectations.
IMG is currently in the process of building technical teams to help support one of our federal government customer’s in Maryland. These teams will be responsible for providing enterprise management services to include service delivery in the following areas: build and implementation, operation and maintenance, connectivity, logistics management, identification of asset components, asset management, customer support services and ops and engineering support services.
IMG is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) with TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph for work at its Columbia, MD location.
The Information Systems Security Engineer shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
Key tasks include:
· Reviewing security architectures, firewall configurations, IDS/IPS, and security controls for new and proposed systems.
· Prevention and early detection and resolution of risks to high value assets.
· Development and management of strategic and tactical physical, personnel and procedural security programs.
· Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles.
· Providing software vulnerability remediation advice to software developers and software development teams.
· Implementing security vulnerability testing tools to provide continuous monitoring and patch verification.
· Test and evaluate products in a lab environment.
· Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
· Knowledge of 8570 controls, testing information systems for compliance of the controls, and the creation of test cases.
· Knowledge of incident response and the creation, execution, and reporting of such activities.
· Knowledge of Firewalls, IDS/IPS, intrusion detection, VLANS, routing and other network security technologies.
· Knowledge of virtualization technologies including virtual firewalls, networking and segmentation.
· Knowledge of networking and firewall configuration and monitoring.
· Knowledge of SIEM technologies such as Splunk and creation of security event related dashboards.
· Knowledge of Malware identification, containment, and eradication.
· Knowledge of access control systems, PKI, multi-factor authentication, and entitlements management.
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
· Provide input into the development of security policies and procedures.
· Provide detailed security recommendations for the secure development and maintenance of systems.
· Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
· Provide security operations support as needed.
· Participate in projects that develop new intellectual property.
· Evangelize security within the organization and be an advocate for customer trust.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills.
· Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
· Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
Fourteen (7) years’ experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 1 is required (CISSP (or Associate), CASP, CCSLP)
Required Clearance: TS/SCI w/polygraph
Respect – We value respecting self, respecting others and the world around us.
Integrity – We value following through on our promises to our employees and our customers.
Teamwork – We value the synergy achieved by working together.
Diversity – We value the impact a different perspective brings to a solution.
Learning – We value expanding, refining and increasing our understanding.
Commitment – We value committing to the job at hand.
Ownership – We value taking ownership over the outcomes of our actions.
IMG COMPANY BENEFITS
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
401(k) with company match
20 days of personal leave plus paid holidays
Information Management Group is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/National Origin